The XML is a physical roster of full-fledged members (Grunt and above). It places the tag [COA-RANK] next to everyone's name in-game when on the XML roster. All XMLs will be hosted on a separate files. The XML is for full members only. This means Grunt-Officer ranks.
Please submit your XMLs before every Friday if you would like them for the next available session.
- If you are a company member and do not have your XML completed and visible, you will not be allowed to slot for roles such as Leadership, Combat Medic, and Specialties.
Getting on the XML
To apply to the XML, post in the #xml-request channel in discord. Use this template:
**SECTION:** YOUR SECTION GOES HERE <member id="ID NUMBER GOES HERE" nick="YOUR NAME"> <name>YOUR NAME AGAIN</name> <email></email> <icq></icq> <remark>YOUR QUOTE GOES HERE</remark> </member>
- What you need
- Your ARMA ID can be found in the Profile section at ARMA's main screen. Once your profile is selected click on the UNIT tab. In this tab your "PLAYER ID" is displayed. Copy that and you now have your "member ID."
- You already have your "nick" (this is your profile name)
- And this is also where you will paste the link to our SQUAD XML
- After you have all three of these things, please plug them into the format shown above. See the example for help.
- ICQ and EMAIL are not required and not actually useful to input
After you have all three of these things, please plug them into this confusing looking format down below. See the example for help.
An example XML
Section: 1/2/3/4 <member id="7263345243246" nick="HipHopopotamus"> <name>HipHopopotamus</name> <email></email> <icq></icq> <remark>My lyrics are bottomless.</remark> </member>
Once you have posted in the thread requesting an XML and have done so correctly, your XML will be added to the Squad XML and then will be properly displayed whenever you enter a server in ARMA.
Once you've posted in the thread, add your corresponding section XML url to your "Squad URL" box in your squad profile in-game.
GRUNT: http://coalitiongroup.net/1st-section/xml/grunt.xml http://coalitiongroup.net/2nd-section/xml/grunt.xml http://coalitiongroup.net/3rd-section/xml/grunt.xml http://coalitiongroup.net/4th-section/xml/grunt.xml SOLDIER: http://coalitiongroup.net/1st-section/xml/soldier.xml http://coalitiongroup.net/2nd-section/xml/soldier.xml http://coalitiongroup.net/3rd-section/xml/soldier.xml http://coalitiongroup.net/4th-section/xml/soldier.xml NCO: http://coalitiongroup.net/xml/nco.xml SNCO: http://coalitiongroup.net/xml/snco.xml RESERVIST: http://coalitiongroup.net/xml/reservist.xml
These rank-specific XML links will display your rank in-game in some variation. For example, as a grunt, your XML tag will be shown as [COA-GRNT]